“If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children.” -Confucius
The Pepperbox Nursery provides high quality childcare in a secure and friendly environment where children are able to fully participate in all of the activities we provide. We place a strong emphasis on the desire to help all children reach their full potential enabling them to progress through life being independent, confident, having respect for others and developing positive values. Our planning and structure wholly support and reflect the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage ensuring that the individual child and their family is at the centre of all learning and development.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide quality play based learning experiences for all the children alongside learning which is structured, balanced, relevant to the child and related to the real world.
- To care for the individual needs of all, with due respect to their culture, religion and background and catering for each child’s special needs
- To value each other and give status to all, and to treat one another with respect
- To provide children with regular daily use of private, secure outdoor space, which would extend their indoor learning.
- To provide a curriculum, which takes account of, and responds to, the children’s developmental needs and allows them to make progress related to their different abilities, which is in line with the early years foundation stage
- To provide a stimulating, safe, caring and secure environment for all activities undertaken
- To encourage each child to use imagination, play independently or as part of a group
- To create a partnership with parents to support and enhance the development of the children.
- To give all members of staff the opportunity to gain further appropriate qualifications and training that will benefit the whole group
- To meet and surpass OFSTED inspection requirements
- To involve all adults in these aims and objectives